Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2014! It seems like 2013 absolutely flew by! And it will probably take me three months to remember to write the correct year when I have to date things... (yes, cliche but true...)

Check out my New Year's Eve present to myself - a reward for good holiday sales!


An upgraded workspace! I found a local supplier that sells jeweler's benches, so I now have a real bench (no more crick in my neck when I try to saw things!) I also got a flex shaft - the weight of my Dremel has been giving me wrist pain when I use it for too long, so I figured it was time for an upgrade. And a new rug to save the room carpet from dropped hot metal (melting carpet smells bad!) My old desk is now a soldering station.

All I need now is a better chair. I'll probably inherit the chair that's currently in my husband's home office; we just need to pick him out a new one.

It's been a little while since my last update! Here was my table at the jewelry trunk show at Studio 54 Gallery:

And here are a few things I've made since Thanksgiving:

A psilomelane pendant that I made as a gift for my mom for Christmas.


And I got a few jewelry technique books for Christmas so I made my first completely handmade basket prong setting and put it on a ring with two tube set CZs. It's not good enough to be anything but a practice piece, but not bad for a first try!


I start out the new year a little later today with the (un)enviable task of inventory... Counting and measuring and weighing all of my metal and stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment